AVGC understands the importance of creating a safe space for everyone who attends. AVGC is committed to providing everyone with the best convention experience possible. We want you to not only have the best day ever, but to experience AVGC in an environment where you feel safe and accepted.
Please read the following policies before attending AVGC. Failure to follow these policies may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
AVGC wants everyone to enjoy the convention and our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible. AVGC has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of panels, signings and other events
- Bathroom policing
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome physical attention
AVGC has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment in relation to, but not limited to:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender presentation
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
If a person engages in harassing behavior, AVGC Staff will take prompt disciplinary action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from AVGC with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention including Exhibitors, Fans (Attendees), Speakers, Guests, Professionals, Press, Staff, Volunteers, and Security. EVERYONE is subject to our anti-harassment policy and will be held to the same standards.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact AVGC Staff, Security Team or a Crew Member. You may also come to our Ticket Registration booth at the front entrance to report an incident.
If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of AVGC.
Remember: COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. Keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another AVGC Fan, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at AVGC, be respectful, be nice, be cool and be kind to each other.
If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause serious bodily harm, we’re going to take issue. The following items are forbidden at AVGC:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol mustard
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of foam or cardboard only. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips.
18+ Events Policy
All 18+ Events will require proof of age with photo ID. The list of valid ID’s include:
- State Driver’s License
- State Identification Card
- Military ID
All Attendees wishing to participate in 18+ events MUST be over the age of 18. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS MADE. If you are over the age of 18, you may NOT escort another person under the age of 18 into the room. Please do not leave children unaccompanied to attend an 18+ event.